As you plan for a variety of scenarios in response to the coronavirus outbreak, here are some tips, tricks, and resources to help you utilize the thousands of resources available on PBS LearningMedia.
So, what is it?
PBS LearningMedia is your destination for direct access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted digital resources. PBS LearningMedia builds on the strength of public media and is designed to improve teacher effectiveness and student achievement.
Resources are aligned to Common Core and national standards and include videos and interactives, and supplementary materials like discussion questions, classroom activities, handouts, and in-depth lesson plans. You can browse by standards, grade level, subject area, and special collections. You can also favorite and share resources with your class and colleagues. Best of all, PBS LearningMedia is free for PreK-12 educators and students.
- If you create an account – it’s free! – you can access assignment tools and save and organize content into folders or playlists. You can also,
- Integrate with Google Classroom – you have the ability to sync class rosters, assignments, and assignment results between PBS LearningMedia and Google Classroom.
- Share resources with Remind – you can simply and easily share content to an entire class or their families.
Where do I start?
- Start by exploring the PreK-12 Resources for New School Routines collection, a curated list of top resources for all grade levels and subjects. Also available in Spanish: Recursos de preK-12
- Browse these WNET Staff picks.
- Be sure to also check out our Virus Information and Prevention resources.
You can also check out the following professional development links to dig deeper:
- NEW! These handy tutorials will satisfy many of your burning questions on how to make the most of the site.
- For an overview of everything PBS has to offer, take a look at the WNET/PBS Resources for New School Routines document prepared by WNET. Instructions on how to integrate PBS LearningMedia with Microsoft Teams is also included.
- The PBS LearningMedia quick-start guide introduces you to the features of the site and helps you find the right resources for your students.