It’s back-to-school time again! Whether you’re a teacher looking for standards-aligned classroom content or a parent looking for supplemental activities for home, these selected resources from WNET Education will help. We suggest utilizing these and other PBS LearningMedia content to keep students engaged as you head into the new school year:
- Cyberchase Text-to-Teacher: Looking for free, STEM resources to use with students in grades 1-4? Sign up for the popular CYBERCHASE Text-to Teacher program, where teachers can receive text messages with links to FREE, quality, STEM classroom resources from the award-winning PBS KIDS math series. Text STEM to 30644 today to receive weekly messages throughout the school year. Message and data rates may apply.
- Understanding LGBTQ+ Identity: A Toolkit for Educators: This collection offers a series of digital media resources to help administrators, guidance counselors, and educators understand and effectively address the complex and difficult issues faced by LGBTQ students. The collection now includes seven standards-aligned classroom resources that highlight key people and events in LGBTQ history. The resources include a suite of materials (informational text, conversation guides, discussion questions, and teaching tips) to facilitate their use in classrooms and professional development settings.
- Nature: American Spring LIVE: Bring citizen science into your classrooms with this rich collection of resources designed to enable students to become citizen scientists in pursuit of critical data. The resources were created in collaboration with the American Spring LIVE citizen science partners: Bird Cams Lab and Celebrate Urban Birds from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, the Great Sunflower Project from San Francisco State University, the Monarch Larva Monitoring Project from the University of Minnesota, Track a Lilac from the USA Phenology Network, and SciStarter from Arizona State University.
- Mission US: Mission US is a series of FREE online adventure games set in different eras of U.S. History. Play the revitalized version of Mission 1: ”For Crown or Colony?” today! The updated game features more captivating images, new storylines, and deeper insights into the causes of the Revolutionary War. Play it with students for virtual learning at its best.
- American Masters: American Masters, public television’s award-winning biography series, explores the lives and creative journeys of our most enduring writers, musicians, visual and performing artists, dramatists and filmmakers. This collection offers you access to classroom-ready ELA and Social Studies resources drawn from the series broadcasts.