Youth Collective is a Generation Z media and education initiative that aims to amplify youth voice and provide a platform for young people to engage in the important work of building a more ethical world. Our goals:
- promote understanding of differing viewpoints
- foster civil dialogue about ethical issues
- inspire high school students to take action in their communities
- provide teachers with tools to incorporate ethics education in the classroom
Why Ethics Education?
We are partnering with The Prindle Institute for Ethics at DePauw University, a national leader in ethics education, to shape our work in using ethics to foster civil dialogue. The initiative includes three key components: an annual youth summit, youth media, and a collection of resources for teachers.
Youth Summit 2020: Beyond the Vote
This year, our summit will focus on civic engagement and the skills needed to be an informed and active citizen, including facts about voting (Voting 101), civil discourse around important issues, and media literacy.
- Location: The New School in New York City
- Date: March 5, 2020
- Partners include Prindle Institute for Ethics, Reel Works, YVote, MediaWise
- 250 high school students
- Featured speakers include Ziad Ahmed, Hari Sreenivasan, and youth leaders
Youth Collective is partnering with Reel Works to create media featuring young people’s diverse perspectives on civic engagement and stories of youth leaders taking action.
Resources for Teachers
We are creating resources using ethical frameworks to help students understand different perspectives on polarizing election year issues like immigration, mental health, and climate change.
Gen Z Consultants include:
- Youth advisory board
- Social media/programming consultants JUV and Adolescent Content, which specialize in reaching Gen Z
2019-2020 Youth Advisory Board
Connect with us:
YouTube: Youth Collective Channel
Youth Collective is Presented by WNET Kids’ Media & Education
Youth Collective media is produced by THIRTEEN Productions LLC for WNET.
Funding generously provided by Janet Prindle Seidler
©2020 THIRTEEN Productions LLC