WNET is looking for an intern who knows the ins and outs of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and various other social media platforms. This person must have a keen ability to write in an engaging way and communicate well with our audience. A passion for social media and new technologies is a must and the ability to compile and analyze data is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain career skills in a growing field of digital marketing as part of WNET’s Interactive Engagement Group. The social media intern will:
- Create content, track campaigns across platforms, and compile data to optimize community growth, engagement and conversion efforts for WNET properties.
- Establish a social media presence for the multi-year documentary project for public television SACRED and maintain social media accounts for local brands MetroFocus and NYC-ARTS.
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest StumbleUpon, Google+ and Foursquare portals and act as a “good citizen” within online arts communities via comments and sharing.
- Stay in touch with like-minded organizations and publicize online original content when appropriate.
- Learn essential tools of social media monitoring and reporting, such as Facebook Insights, and more.
- Excellent written skills, especially in the context of creating social media content.
- Basic knowledge of social media channels, practices, functionality, and technology through managing one’s own online presence.
- Willingness to learn, think creatively and execute quickly.
- Must be able to receive school credit from an accredited college or university and provide proof of such.
- Must be able to intern at least 20 hours/week in our NYC office.
- When applying please send links to all your social media profiles.
The Interactive Engagement Group (IEG) of WNET is a major producer of online media for local and national programming for public television, creating award-winning online content in the areas of news and public affairs, arts and culture, science and natural history, documentaries, and children’s programming.
Please send resume and cover letter along with proof of enrollment in an accredited university to:
E-mail: email@example.com (Please indicate Social Media Intern in the subject line)
Qualified candidates only, must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college or university; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Phone Calls Please.