An interest in and familiarity with television production as well as the cinema (short films, Hollywood classics, and contemporary Independent features) is especially helpful for the Reel 13 Internship. Duties include screening and communication along with the opportunity to assist the R13 Curator with evaluation of submissions as well as as coordinating outreach to filmmakers and film festivals.
- Manage administration for short film entries via reel13.org.
- Communicate with filmmakers re: submissions, license agreements, film masters and payments.
- Screen all short film submissions and submit recommendations to Curator
- Provide content/materials to reel13.org web producer
- Communicate with website administration to make sure everything is grammatically correct and up to date.
- Arrange payments to Reel13 hosts and the filmmakers who win the weekly shorts competition.
- Ingest filmmaker Shorts master files for website and broadcast
- Assist Reel13 producer in day-to-day activities.
- Preparation of production – scripts, locations, research, etc.
- Attend and assist Reel13 host wrap shoots.
- Provide support to producers and hosts for Reel13 wrap production.
- Operate teleprompter for Reel13 Indie wrap production.
Spring Term: January through May/June, Flexible schedule, minimum two full days/week (10-6).
Please send resume and cover letter along with proof of enrollment in an accredited university to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line=Reel 13
Qualified candidates only, must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college or university. No phone calls or faxes, please. Only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.