An exciting and challenging experience is yours as a member of the Development team for WNET – New York Public Media – parent organization of THIRTEEN and WLIW21. An opportunity is available for someone looking to gain experience in fundraising, foundations, non-profits, and high-end customer service to serve as Patron Programs Intern in the Individual Giving Department.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Patron Programs, the Patron Intern would be a key member of the fundraising team of four to cultivate and solicit our Patron donor base ($1,500 – $24,999).
- Assist in planning and implementing a fall event
- Work to plan and invite Patrons to a tour of our headquarters
- Gain skills in donor research profiles and donor database
- Research prospects, draft solicitations, mail, and see results
- Foundation research and proposals
- Phone and email time with Patrons – gaining valuable donor relations experience
- Liaise with other departments to fulfill Patron requests
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered, candidates must have outstanding computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel. The successful candidate will have very strong attention to detail, as well as good organizational and problem-solving skills. This position also requires strong verbal aptitude, including excellent writing skills and phone manner, as well as the ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment.
To apply, candidates should submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject = Patron Programs Intern