NJTV NEWS is a live nightly news program focusing on issues pertaining to New Jersey and its residents. Our interns will have the opportunity to experience all aspects of producing a live news broadcast.
We’re seeking production interns currently attending an accredited college and have achieved sophomore status or higher. Students majoring in journalism, broadcasting or communications are preferred; other majors will certainly be considered.
- M/T/W/Th/F: 10:00am – 6:00pm (exact time can be flexible)
- Internships are available year round during spring, summer and fall semesters. Interns must work a minimum of two full days each week.
Position Duties and Expectations:
- Location Shoots – Interns will have the opportunity to observe and participate on location with producers and/or technical and studio crew where applicable.
- Provide assistance to reporter/crew
- File mini-reports based on packages and/or taking photographs on site for publishing
- Studio Shoots – Working with various crew members during live broadcast from our studio.
- Opportunities to shadow crew members and assist in studio & control room
- Program Research – Topical and video research, interview confirmation, fact-checking, script assembly, transcription work.
- Production & Editorial Assistance – Overall office assistance, such as clipping articles, copying scripts, assisting in organizing material for producers, administrative work; filing, scanning, and making copies.
- Good computer skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current events
To apply, send your resume, proof of enrollment and cover letter to:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject=”NJTV News Intern”
Internship offers are contingent upon your passing of our mandatory background check which requires a valid social security number.
WNET is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Qualified applicants are considered for employment and internships without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls or faxes, please. Only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.