NJTV NEWS is a live nightly news program focusing on issues pertaining to New Jersey and its residents. Our interns will have the opportunity to experience all aspects of producing a live news broadcast as well as promoting that broadcast on all social media platforms.
We’re seeking digital media interns currently attending an accredited college and have achieved sophomore status or higher. Students majoring in journalism, broadcasting or communications are preferred; other majors will certainly be considered. Their focus will be providing general assistance to the NJTV News Digital team. Students with a heavy social media background and able to identify patterns and trends using Facebook, Twitter, tumbler, and Snapchat are ideal. Interest in graphics and video editing encouraged.
M/T/W/Th/F: 10:00am – 6:00pm (exact time can be flexible)
Internships are available year round during spring, summer and fall semesters. Interns must work a minimum of two full days each week.
Position Duties and Expectations:
- Web Production Assistance – Overall assistance to Digital teams daily work-flow.
- Maintain the NJTV News presence and voice online.
- Identify trends on all social media platforms.
- Video Editing – Interns will assist Digital Team with creating web specific content.
- Cutting and captioning nightly news packages for Facebook.
- Studio and Location Shoots – Interns will have the opportunity to observe and participate on location with producers.
- Assistance with shoots for web videos.
- Assistance with inserts for Snapchat stories
- Program Research – Topical and video research, interview confirmation, fact-checking, script assembly, transcription work.
- Good computer skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current events
- Brand Marketing and content management
- Familiar with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro. After Effects a plus.
To apply, send your resume, proof of enrollment and cover letter to:
e-mail: email@example.com, subject=”NJTV Digital Media Intern”
Internship offers are contingent upon your passing of our mandatory background check which requires a valid social security number.
WNET is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Qualified applicants are considered for employment and internships without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls or faxes, please. Only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.