NJTV COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY- SPRING AND FALL 2016
NJTV, New Jersey’s public television network, is seeking a self-motivated student interested in public relations and media relations within the television industry. This Internship is non-paid (academic credit optional) and available to undergraduate and graduate students. NJTV will gladly assist with any required paperwork for students seeking school credit for their internship work. The intern will gain a practical, working knowledge of television promotion through hands-on experience that includes working in a production environment, crafting press materials for network initiatives as well as promoting the network’s local programming including its weeknight news program NJTV NEWS WITH MARY ALICE WILLIAMS.
Description of Duties
- Assisting communications director develop publicity materials for NJTV initiatives and programming
- Building media lists
- Coordinating press mailings/e-blasts
- Writing press releases and photo captions
- Monitoring press clips
- Conducting research and fact-checking related to press materials
- Working on special projects and events
- Assist with media relations outreach to achieve tune-in of various programs
Skills & Qualifications
- Major in Communications or PR helpful but not required.
- Strong oral, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook calendar management. A working knowledge of Constant Contact and Cision a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work on tight deadlines
- Ease and professionalism on the phone and in person, must feel comfortable cold-calling people inside and outside the company for information.
- A passion for news, current events and media is a plus
Commitment and Scheduling
ESTIMATED WORK SCHEDULE: Two days a week: Preferably Mondays and Thursdays, 7-8 hours per day.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and proof of your enrollment in college to email@example.com with subject heading: NJTV Communications Intern.
No phone calls or faxes, please. Only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.