On Twitter: @metrofocus
MetroFocus is a television and multi-platform news magazine focusing on the New York and New Jersey region. Major areas of coverage include social justice, poverty, sustainability, education, politics and government, science and technology, the environment, transportation, and the continuing recovery from Superstorm Sandy.
MetroFocus airs weekly on Thursdays at 8:30 pm on Thirteen, Wednesday at 7:30 pm on WLIW21 and Thursday at 10:30 pm on NJTV and is always online at www.metrofocus.org.
In addition to original reporting, MetroFocus also features content from many news organizations, universities and colleges, including The New York Times, Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism and other contributors. Host Rafael Pi Roman conducts in depth interviews with community leaders, authors, government officials, journalists and other newsmakers.
MetroFocus is seeking interns who are committed to learning more about local multimedia and television reporting. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week for a complete semester.
- Research for television segments.
- Screening and logging video footage in preparation for edits.
- Rough offline editing of video footage.
- Assistance on field video shoots .
- Assisting staff with maintaining databases, creating scripts and rundowns and managing planning and assignment documents and calendars.
- Research and writing for the MetroFocus website as assigned.
- Assisting multimedia producers with slide shows, web content management and news content.
Please send your resume and cover letter, along with proof of current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program to email@example.com, subject line=”Metrofocus”. Your cover letter needs to explain how your career goals and interests match MetroFocus areas of coverage. You should be specific and show a knowledge or interest in local and regional news.WNET New York Public Media 825 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10019-7435
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.