MetroFocus is seeking two interns for the 2014 fall semester who are committed to local multimedia and television reporting. Interns are expected to work a minimum of one day(or two half days) per week with preference given to those who can commit to multiple days.
Broadcast Intern Duties Include:
- Assistance with production in control rooms, studios and on location.
- Screening and logging video footage in preparation for edits.
- Rough offline editing of video footage.
- Assistance on field video shoots.
- Assisting staff with research, maintaining databases, creating scripts and rundowns and managing planning and assignment documents and calendars.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere preferred.
Web/Multimedia Intern Duties Include:
- Research and writing for the MetroFocus website as assigned.
- Data research and organization for web and broadcast graphic creation.
- Assisting multimedia producers with web content management and news content.
- Social media content creation and account management.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS and WordPress preferred.
On Twitter: @metrofocus
Please send your resume and cover letter, along with proof of current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program, to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “MetroFocus”. Your cover letter needs to explain how your career goals and interests match MetroFocus areas of coverage. You should be specific and show a knowledge or interest in local and regional news.
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
News, smart conversations and in-depth reporting from NY & NJ public television.
Airs weekly: Thursdays at 8:30pm on THIRTEEN; Wednesdays at 7:30pm on WLIW21; and Thursdays at 10:30pm on NJTV. Hosted by Rafael Pi Roman.
MetroFocus is an award-winning television and multi-platform news magazine focusing on the New York and New Jersey region. Major areas of coverage include social justice, poverty, sustainability, education, science and technology, the environment and transportation.
In addition to original reporting and in-depth interviews with community leaders, authors, government officials, journalists and newsmakers, MetroFocus also features content from news organizations including The New York Times, City & State, the Wall Street Journal and New York Magazine. Student journalists from universities and colleges also contribute to the series.
MetroFocus is a production of WLIW21 in association with WNET, parent company of THIRTEEN and WLIW21.