WNET Law Summer Internship
The WNET Law Department is currently accepting applications for the Summer 2014 Law Internships. The Internship is a full-time, unpaid position open to 1L-3L law school students. The Internship will commence on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 and continue for 10 weeks, ending Friday, August 1, 2014.
About the Internship
WNET is the flagship public television and web content provider in the tri-state area, with offices located in midtown Manhattan. It is a major broadcast and online media producer for local, national, and international audiences, creating award-winning content in news and public affairs, culture and arts, science and history, and children’s programming.
The WNET Summer 2014 Law Internships will be awarded to motivated, passionate law students interested in entertainment law, intellectual property, media-related corporate law, and non-profit law. Interns will work in the fast-paced Law Department that serves WNET under the guidance of the General Counsel and lawyers in the Department on projects in the areas of public interest law, media and entertainment law, and intellectual property law. Duties will include drafting and reviewing various entertainment industry agreements and legal research on various issues.
The Internship presents an unmatched opportunity for the successful candidate to learn the inner workings of a media and non-profit general counsel’s office.
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic credentials;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated interest in one or more of the following areas: public interest law, media and entertainment law, intellectual property law;
- Students able to receive school credit or school sponsorship are preferred.
- Must be a current student at a New York/ New Jersey-area law school, or, if attending law school outside the New York/New Jersey area, have a demonstrable connection to New York or New Jersey.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers with a cover letter and resume. The deadline to submit an application is January 31, 2014.