The Kids Club Thirteen Intern will support the activities of the Kids Club Thirteen, a new kids & family membership program of Channel Thirteen, by: reaching out to the community and building relationships with a corps of volunteers; helping to organize fun and educational events at partner locations in and around New York; assisting with the daily operations of Kids Club online. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in event planning, kids’ educational content, volunteer outreach for a non-profit, membership marketing and public and social media.
- Recruit and communicate with local volunteers who are interested in supporting our staff and educational events, and provide them the appropriate materials and information
- Organize activities and manage volunteers at each event
- Assist with the planning and execution of events at partner locations such as museums and zoos.
- Develop new ideas for partnerships and events for Kids Club Thirteen
- Work with partners and internal marketing team on event promotion
- Support the Kids Club team on other club related projects
- Participate in the Kids Club team’s strategy meetings, partner development, marketing efforts, etc.
- Work with Kids Club team to maintain the Kids Club website with event and partner information.
- Update our online presence on social media networks
- Online community outreach to advance Kids Club 13 as a voice of the online parenting community
- Assist with membership marketing, acquisition, retention
- Ability to work independently with guidance from staff members. Must have an interest in event planning, volunteer outreach, public media and education.
- Excellent organizational skills and outgoing personality
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Minimum commitment of 3 full days/week.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Experience with outreach, fundraising, and event planning a plus.
- WordPress and/or HTML experience is helpful.
- Design skills – Photoshop, InDesign – a plus, but not required.
- Fluency in English French and/or Spanish is helpful.
Most working days will be spent at the WNET offices, with occasional field trips to partner locations for event planning. Intern will also be required to work onsite at each event, which will take place on weekend days.
Atmosphere is casual and creative.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject = Kids Club
All internships at WNET are unpaid but can be taken for credit.
No phone calls please.