WNET’s Development and Communications department, which is composed of Communications, Community Relations, Individual Giving, Institutional Giving and Membership, is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented individual to join our team.
The Development and Research intern will have responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Providing donor and prospect research support and updating current major donor and trustee bios already on file through the use of Lexis Nexis, Wealth Track, Guidestar, etc. and fact-checking press materials
- Assisting with donor communications through invitation mailings, event follow up, DVD requests, donor cultivation calls and event staffing
- Organizing, coding and updating records using WNET’s fundraising database, Team Approach and maintaining donor files
- Collaborating with all departments station wideCandidates must have a strong interest in research and inclination for writing. A strong candidate will also show excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, and possess the ability to manage a diversity of responsibilities quickly and efficiently.
- The intern will report to the Director of Patron Giving and learn more broadly about fundraising and development from the members of the Development team. The intern will have the opportunity to interact with donors via phone and in writing, allowing for supervised practice of essential writing and communications skills. This internship is an ideal opportunity for an individual with an interest in non-profit fundraising and communications.
To apply: Send your resume, cover letter and proof of enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program to: email@example.com, subject = Development