The Board of Trustees of WNET has scheduled the following meetings. Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are at the headquarters of the Corporation, 825 Eighth Avenue, New York City.
Meetings of WNET’s Board of Trustees, Board Committees and Community Advisory Board(s) are generally open to the public.
Any member of the public may attend any open meeting for the purpose of observing the meeting. Members of the public are not required to register their names with WNET or provide WNET with any other information as a condition of attendance. However, visitors may be asked to provide ID to building security at some meeting locations. In addition, WNET does require that members of the public observe a few simple rules so that meetings proceed in an orderly way:
1. Visitors will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis until all seats available to the public have been occupied. Visitors may not reserve seats for others. All visitors should be in their seats by the start of the meeting.
2. Visitors should not leave their seats unless they exit the meeting room. Visitors who leave their seats and exit the meeting room will not be reseated.
3. Visitors may attend the meeting as observers only. They may not address the trustees, speak out or otherwise attempt to participate in or to interrupt or delay the meeting.
4. Visitors are not permitted to photograph or record the proceedings.
5. Visitors who violate any of these rules will promptly be asked to leave this meeting and not to return.
Certain meetings, or portions of meetings may be closed to the public to address matters relating to individual employment, proprietary information, litigation and other matters requiring the confidential advice of counsel, commercial or financial information obtained from a person on a privileged or confidential basis, or the purchase of property or services whenever the premature exposure of such purchase would compromise the business interests of WNET.
It is the policy of WNET to comply with the open meetings requirement for public broadcast stations as set forth in the Communications Act of 1934, as amended. 47 USC § 396(k)(4). Nothing in this policy may be deemed to require WNET to do more than is required by law.
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS: Please note time and location are subject to last minute changes; confirm with Member and Viewer Relations at (212) 560-2888 before attending.